Monday, September 9, 2013


Saturday:  I really hope this is the week we find a place for me to live.. I've now been moved 3 times this past week room to room to a back room with plus and minuses plus it had a great view minus its with cleaning supplies and toiletries haha it's just getting a little silly. I ask people when if we are close to finding anything and the pastor informed me that he put up a flyer and sent an email I feel like all things are being done thhat can be done... patience really is a virtue eh? Don't take that the wrong way please i mean its only been a week sure and the fact that  people are nice enough to even let me stay here is awesome I just feel stressed and wanna unpack my ripped suitcases and move them less  haha ok I'm done whining... In other news I got to go to the mission yesterday afternoon which was great.  The morning consisted of, u guessed it... More logistics... I'm so logistically savvy it's unreal.  Anywhoo I left here at 2:15 (too early) and started me bus trip in missiones for the first time which I think went relatively well.  I had pretty great bus timing for it being my first time too I took both the ones I needed no problem and only missed my stop by one stop so that wasn't bad just got to walk and explore a little since I was about 30 minutes early.  The contrast between the city and the mission area is really vast I mean within 10 km everything changes.  The area is very modest but I didn't see anyone frowning quite the opposite actually kids were playing and smiling and happy with what they had absolutely living simply (makes my storage/bed room seem better actually now)  i even saw a rooster cross the road but the picture was way out of focus, also i dont speak chicken so i couldnt as why he was doing it but weve got some time to learn.  There were also back yards with sheep in them just an interesting thing to see remindes me somewhat of blue ridge or north GA but everythings way more packed together and land is all red not as green as the lakes... as for my time at the mission when it opened, there were less kids for the most part or maybe it just seemed that way but it was definitely more tame than the other day, I don't think pastor Ricardo really can control them that well, but the ladies of the mission rocked it especially Gloria she is a no nonsense kinda lady and I dig it.  I'm going back there today at 4 for two sessions first with the younger ones doing bible study then the older kids were having pizza maybe and hanging out they keep asking about soccer so one of these days we'll do that but I'm following the lead of the ladies now while I'm still getting comfortable.  The kids there are all great it's definitely the highlight so far, I mean I've only been there twice and those have easily been my two favorite experiences so far.  I wish I could sub out all the logistics and just do that but oh well we can't win em all hopefully we'll start doing things and I'll get to learn more rather than just learn about what I'm going to do I'd rather just do (if that makes sense) but maybe that's just me, again it's only the first week I've got atleast 50 more.  I guess that's it for today I'd love some Internet but I guess I'll have to do without I mean its not like I'm dependent on it by any means I just want to be able to talk to devin she can put things in perspective for me and has a way of making me happy at all times but for now I'll settle with reading my book....

Monday morning.... I've moved back into a bedroom with a bathroom woot, I think I'm still sharing it but its all gravy it's with one of the guys who work here so we have totally different hours of functioning. So the mission Saturday went great again with the younger kiddos we had a bible study and made some crafts I helped where I could but Norma ran the show which was good cuz I'm still getting acclimated to everything it was good though a kids smile from learning and creating is absolutely amazing they just get this look that they've accomplished so much and can do so much more because of it, this year I hope to strengthen those feelings for them in all ways ... The crafts were pretty cool they were made for teachers day this coming Wednesday however two of the fellas gave theirs to me which rocked especially after just a few meetings with them,one thanked me for teaching them English, in Spanish.... We'll get there lol... The other said Tiler thanks you for come to teaching us English boom one weeks work kids got skills haha it was really great though a good feeling a starburst if you will #YAGM2013 ... Then the older ones came and the younger ones left as did Norma here's the test of the week rangling middle schoolers together to cook dinner for one another thankfully I did have some help from letiana who is 20 and helps with the older ones ... We made pizza one of the moms donated 12 handmade crusts there were 14 of us but we were off, I delegated tasks some of the girls prepared the tomato sauce as well as prepped the ingredients while the fellas collected wood so we could make the fire under the oven it went well however I'm a doofus and left the oven door open for the first 10 minutes of fire so it did nothing to heat the oven and then I went to check something BOOM banged my head on the pole coming out from the door nice bruise I saw estrellas for a minute but no worries we got back to it closed the door and made some fire (in a controlled and supervised way of course) I told the girls we probably didn't need to make all the pizzas they looked at me like I was speaking nonsense and we'll chalk it up to communication problems tho I'm fairly sure they understood me but were having fun so what the heck we made 10 haha problem was the oven only cooked 4 at a time so they were cold by the time we started eating them, I reassured them that cold pizza is an American delicacy we ate some while heating 4 or so back up ..... SOO many leftovers haha.... Oh well they divided them up and took em home for families which I was totally down with, some were cheese some were cheese and onion others were cheese and ham then loaded ones with all the above and olives they were all pretty good.... I've become less picky over the years and food tastes better when u help to make it so I ate all types and they were pretty delish... After some cleaning we called it a night. I waited about a half hour for the bus I was scared it stopped running but finally it came and I was off ... I came back and checked for Internet, no go oh well I was sleepy just missed Devin we hadn't talked in a few days silly wifi... Sunday morning I went to church and snuck on a computer really fast to alert her I was alive and would try to reach out later service was good he preached about equality and included some MLK stuff shout out to the American in the congregation haha after church I went to a Brazilian couples house for lunch it was great also got to use their interned for a while but man was that some good food it was tradional Brazilian food he had constructed a grill for himself a lil piece of home in their argentine house and I'm glad he did .... We talked a lot I met their daughter and her bf and Ricardo joined us for lunch also got to try some vintage Argentinian wine since he is a wine vendor I couldn't say no, it'd be rude right? That's my reason and I'm sticking to it haha they sent me home with parilla for dinner too gosh it was so amazing I want to write them today to say thanks but I'll have to wait Til Sunday when I see them again however they said I'm welcomed every Sunday because they can identify with being newbies like me they've only been part of the congregation for 2 months also the wife (Rosi) loved learning English with me so I'm totally down with hanging with them. Anywhoo after lunch I came back to no Internet still so it's off for the weekends for sure, I siesta'd and then went out looking for a signal walking around posadas with my iPhone out looking for wifi that doesn't have a lock next to it haha found a cafe at the center of the city and we were off.... Got some good chat time in with Devin and emailed mama bear all is good another night here in posadas.  Today I'm sticking around the hostel because I think people are reaching out to me with possible options for living and it's my off day, though I shoulda saved parilla for lunch haha oh well that's all for now, thanks for stopping by, you stay classy readers....
PS River won last night3-0 the team is on a rare Ignacio was right gotta get me a jersey at some point haha that's within my stipend right? Hasta

No comments:

Post a Comment